Monday, December 10, 2012

A Piece of Cake

































Location - Shadow Lawn, High Falls, NY in the Hudson Valley
Caterer - Main Course, New Paltz, NY
Dress - Designed and sewn by me and my mother
Shoes - Seychelles
Girls' Dresses - Amanda Archer (on Etsy)
Kids' Dresses - Flower girl dress was made by her grandmother / my aunt
Hair - by my sister Meg,
Makeup by me
Guys' Suits - They each wore a tuxedo that they either owned or rented on their own

Paper Stuff - Designed by me and printed at Office Max
Jewelry - Earrings and engagement ring and my wedding band from Lunessa in SoHo, his wedding band from a private jeweler, my necklace from Umbrella Laboratory on Etsy
Officiant - a family friend, Bill Leahy
Ceremony Music - My cousins Andy Sullivan, Dan Sullivan and Erika Hooper
Cocktail and Dinner/dancing music - DJ Jimmy Lutz
Accommodations for Bride and Family - Sheeley House
Cake Table - Cakes were family recipe "Mrs. Moran's Chocolate Cake" baked by my sister Meg (large central cake) and my aunts and cousins (all smaller cakes), cake stands made by me, my sister, my mother and father, table decorated by me and my sister

Claire is an art teacher currently working on her Master's degree and Peter is a lawyer. Contact: claire.m.connolly@gmail.com

One of our most important criteria in deciding  which vendors to use was the quality of the people we dealt with. From the venue owners to the photographer, the florist and the DJ, every single vendor was genuine, joyful and incredibly professional. It was magical to wake up that morning surrounded by good energy. Many things didn't go as planned, but we really didn't care because we were riding so high on happiness. We planned an outdoor wedding and all year we prayed for good weather. However, torrential downpours started off the big day, and continued into the afternoon. It cleared just in time for the festivities, but we had to move our ceremony into the barn at the last minute. It ended up being more beautiful that way than we ever could have planned for. I would advise anyone planning a wedding to pick good people, and don't sweat the details. This will be the best day of your life so far, so soak in the moment!

No comments: